fishing day: little girl with blond hair holding a fish she caught and smiling.
Mr. Ruane reads to 8th grade students
MS students
Kindergarten Enrollment
Will your child be 5 on, or before, August 1st?  If so, it's time to start thinking about Kindergarten!  If your child is eligible to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2024-2025 school year, please complete this Google form by the end of February.  This document has more information about Kindergarten enrollment for the upcoming school year.
Work Permits
Roughrider Families,  

Please read the following information carefully regarding work permits.

  • Work Permits should be dropped off in the High School Office as soon as possible after a student is hired.
  • Please allow 1-2 business days for us to process your permit.  We can not guarantee that your permit will be available the same day it is submitted.
  • Once the Work Permit is complete, it must be signed by the student.  The work permit application is available online.  Hard copies are also available in the High School Office.
  • You must have a physical on file (completed within the last year) to be granted a Work Permit.  Sports Physicals will work for permit purposes.  If you do not have a physical on file, you must complete a physical with a physician and have the Physician's Certificate signed and turned in before your permit can be processed.

Winter Walk Program
The district’s Winter Walk program will begin November 1, 2023 and conclude on March 27, 2024.
Front doors will be unlocked for walker access on Monday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at the St. Marys Middle School and Memorial High School only. For days when there is no school, including calamity days and school holidays such as Christmas and Spring breaks, there will be no walker access.
Substitute Openings
St. Marys City Schools is accepting applications for the following SUBSTITUTE positions:

CLASSIFIED (Substitute Openings)
  • Cook
  • Custodian
  • Paraprofessional
  • Bus Driver
  • Nurse
CERTIFIED (Substitute Openings)
  • Teacher

Applications are required for consideration.  Applications are available at
Delays and Cancellations
St. Marys City Schools uses an automated system to share information with families about delays and cancellations.

Sign up for notifications, or adjust your notification settings, at
Upcoming Events
Roughrider Social Media Hub
View text-based website